ANNOUNCEMENTS: February 2, 2020
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY
- We extend a warm welcome to all who are worshiping with us this morning. We hope you experience God’s presence through this worship and receive guidance for your life in God’s world. If you are visiting, please sign our guest book in the narthex and provide a full address with zip code. All are welcome to receive Holy Communion. We offer white grape juice and red wine at communion.
- Resurrection is a “Reconciling in Christ” congregation. “Reconciling in Christ” is the designation that this congregation affirms persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We daily affirm that Christ lives in each person.
- Nametags: Don’t forget to grab your nametag out of the boxes in the narthex by the front door and wear it! There are extra blank stick-on tags if you can’t find yours.
- Blessing Bags are Available in the Narthex!: Kids, be sure to grab a bag filled with activities and books located right outside the doors to the church.
- Fellowship Snack Sign-up: The fellowship snack sign-up for 2020 has been posted on the kiosk. Please consider celebrating special occasions, e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, by bringing a treat to share with your Resurrection family. Any questions, call or text Debbie Kainz (414) 828-6238 or Brenda Skelton (414) 380-4828.
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY
- ANNUAL MEETING: On Sunday, February 2, 2020, the congregation will meet, following service for the Annual Meeting of the Congregation.
- PRAYER JAR: All are invited to add to the beauty of our prayer jar, currently located in the narthex on the counter. To do so, all you need to do is say a prayer and add a teaspoon of whatever color sand you choose. It will be a slow process, but before long, we will have a beautiful jar of many colored sands that represent the many prayers we offer on behalf of one another and the world. This is an idea our youth brought back from their trip to the ELCA Youth Gathering in Houston.
- CHECK OUT THE SUNDAY MORNING TREATS SIGN-UP SHEET!: Please consider signing up to provide treats for our coffee hour after worship on Sundays. It’s a great time for fellowship, so if you enjoy a treat on a Sunday morning, please sign up on the kiosk to take a turn and bring your favorite goody to share!
- DIVING INTERVENTION DINNERS: The next two dinners we are serving at the Bayview warming house for homeless Tuesday, February 4th and Saturday, February 22nd. Look for sign up sheets in the narthex for items needed by those teams of if you would like to help serve.
- CHOIR REHEARSAL: Join the choir for rehearsals on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- Mt. Meru Coffee: Orders are taken on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. Sign up in the narthex or see Tracy Hahn.
- Need a Prayer?: If you would like our prayer chain to keep you in their prayers or you would like to join our prayer chain, please contact Jane Fredach at (414) 559-5570 or email@example.com.
- ARE YOU MISSING ANY ITEMS?: Remember to check the lost and found bin above the coat rack in the narthex.